Our free football scouting form was designed to help football coaches "break down" an offense. It is available free to anyone that requests it, and has received positive feedback from both Offensive and Defensive Football coaches. Offensive coaches typically use it "Self-Scout" or to script plays to quickly reveal tendencies as a game progresses.
There are a few things about the design of the form that are worth mentioning:
- The Hash, Down, Distance, Formation Strength, Play Direction and Play Type columns are designed to make it is easy to circle the appropriate item.
- The Distance to go for a first down has S, M and L (Short, Medium, Long) in the upper half of the cell so its easy to either circle the distance range, enter the actual Yards to go for a first down below the S, M, L or both.
- The # column is for the Play Number.
- There is no column to record the Series - we usually just draw a line between series.
- There is very little room to draw plays (we have other forms for that).
- It is possible to use the comment section for a few illustrations per page, especially if you write small.
This form has been a useful game planning tool for many Football Coaches for a number of years, and can be helpful when teaching new coaches how to break down a football game.
Complete the information below to receive your free football scouting and game film breakdown form . You'll become a Member of our Forms Library, and we'll send you a couple of additional free forms, including a couple of "hit charts" that can be used for scouting reports and to chart offensive formation tendencies during a game.